Ten Reasons to Meditate
It’s not just the food we put on our plates that feeds us, our relationships, careers, exercise and spiritual practices all nourish us too. Meditation can be a really powerful way to top ourselves up and if you can make even ten minutes in your day to practice, the rewards can be powerful.
So what is meditation?
In a nutshell, it’s when we focus our awareness and direct it onto something, whether that be our breath, a mantra that we repeat silently, or an image we visualise in our mind’s eye…
Here are just a few benefits with regular practice…
1. Enhances immune strength
2. Lowers blood pressure
3. Maintains consistent moods
4. Decreases heart rate
5. Slows breathing and reduce stress
6. Improves blood flow throughout the body
7. Increases the sense of control you feel in your day
8. Relieves pain
9. Increases sense of awareness and mindfulness that you feel
10. Raises the level of appreciation and contentment of your day
…and if thoughts creep in, and they will, we just bring our awareness gently back. Did you know that we have 60-80,000 thousand per day? …yup, that’s around one every 1.2 seconds! It’s all part of the process and doesn’t mean we’re doing something wrong, or that we’re not the type of person who can meditate.
Share This >>