Is going it alone always best?
A teacher and Practitioner of Meridian Energy Therapies I've worked with hundreds of people to recognise and realise their potential. And what I've learned is that things fall into place and flow much more easily when we feel we have support and guidance.
The notion that we can't do it alone may resonate with the part of us that longs for connection and understanding and yet another part of us may find that difficult to acknowledge because as women we shouldn't need to ask for anything. Wouldn't embracing such an idea mean giving away our personal power and be akin to admitting to weakness?
Women are conditioned to be all things to all men ... and women ... and children. They are mother, daughter, sister, wife, partner, grandma, nurse, teacher, gardener, taxi driver, head cook and bottle washer etc, etc, etc. But how independent are we really?
When we're with friends and groups of like minded individuals where everyone is focused on achieving something in particular personal breakthroughs are achieved, often surprisingly easily. But what happens when we leave that safe, supportive environment? Do you find that the mundane, day to day events take over and just like after a good holiday - the benefits quickly become a vague, distant memory? For most of us in the absence of such rapport we quickly lose touch with the new potential that seemed so accessible in the gathering or workshop.
Although we like to think of ourselves as independent the reality is that we are social creatures and unless we surround ourselves with others who share our values and aspirations we find ourselves being drawn back to the 'status quo' that has become our lives.
I realise that this is a misquote but it's something I refer to often and it's that 'We are the sum total of the people we associate with.' When we wake up in a space where we can hear those words and take action to make changes the effects can be uncomfortable to say the least, but approached with care they can help us seek out those who are stars and sparks for us rather than those who are 'energy vampires' and drain our energy. For most of us there comes a time when a connection with kindred spirits becomes essential, almost to our well being.
Ask yourself some important questions:
- Of everyone I know, who can I truly be myself with?
- Of my friends, family and colleagues, who truly shares my deepest values and has any idea of my true aspiration?
- Is there anywhere in my life where I feel free to go beyond my comfort zones? To reach new heights without being worried I'll 'rock the boat' or make other people feel insecure?
- How can I discover that part of me that is yearning for acknowledgement and recognition?
Food for thought? Where are you? How does this resonate with you?
- Are you ready for the support of a mentor who 'gets' you and knows where you are coming from?
- Are you ready to empower yourself to make life changes and overcome your fears and beliefs that hold you back day in, day out, week in, week out, month on month?
- Are you ready to reveal your potential?
- Would you welcome change and transformation in your life?
- Are you poised birdlike on the edge of the precipice waiting for your wings to unfurl?
- Are you willing to discover and experience your essence, that unique spark you know you really are inside?
- Are you ready to Spread Your Wings and Fly?
Working with me you can ... TAKE A HEART CENTRED APPROACH TO
- Remove blocks, resistance and the old limitations that have been preventing you from achieving your dreams.
- Gain clarity and focus on what really matters to you and what you'd like to have in your life.
- Definitely and gently transform your life.
- Have the confidence and courage to follow your dreams and live life on your terms.
- Learn to listen to your intuition and inner guidance and follow your bliss!
- Take time for YOU, your vision, your heart, your soul.
Working in this way is very special - It's an investment in yourself and your future now.
It can change your life - no question about it you can visit http://www.sallycanning.com for lots more inspiration
Here are a couple of quotes from ladies who have participated in my DARE TO BE YOU! Workshops:
"Working with a group meant for me I went on a different journey, a reassuring journey. I forged new friendships, found common ground ... which in turn provided me with reassurance that I was in a safe space to see whatever was thrown up. There was someone else in the room to give me a reassuring smile, look, hug, word ... maybe even the whole room ... to push me forward to where I'm meant to be going". Rebecca Warnes
"Working with a group of women as opposed to doing it alone widens perception. A more rounded understanding or realisation comes about because their input removes your (unintentional) blinkers" Marie Cragg
DARE TO BARE (the inner you) Workshop
We are sacred artists, painting our lives on the canvas of the universe - unconditional love
What a fabulous day! How do I describe what happened when nine women came together to bare their souls through creative play?
“Working with Sally has made me aware of the Power of the Feminine – the hills women have to climb to be themselves – because a woman being herself is naturally captivating – she will share and speak aspects of yourself you hadn’t seen. Who you are becomes more visible than when you are working on your own” Hazel Croucher
Dare to be You Workshop in a Box
This DARE TO BE YOU! Workshop was so successful that I've been prompted to produce a Workshop in a Box to make it accessible to those of you who were unable to attend the actual day. This way you are able to access the fun and inspiration from the comfort of your own home. You can work alone or in a group. However you use it the Workshop in a Box contains recordings of me walking you through the process, complete with the meditations and the music. It's the nearest thing to being in a live event with me.
Both the How Does Your Garden Grow? Workshop in a Box and Dare to Bare (the inner you) will be available by the end of April and I'll let you know in advance of a Special Introductory offer to you, my newsletter readers. If you are a newsletter subscriber watch out for your notification - I'll keep you posted
If you would like information about upcoming workshops, to work with me one-to-one
or if you would simply like a free 20 minute introductory consultation please contact me for a chat.
I'd love to hear from you
Share This >>