The details for the event you selected are shown below.
Remember, as a member or advertiser you can add your own events to our events listings PLUS receive free updates on forthcoming events, as well as enjoying a whole host of other benefits. To join as a member, click here, or for advertising infromation, click here.
Teach your Children how to meditate
- Visit Website
This full day, practical course is for any adult who has or works with children. The course teaches you some basic techniques on how to teach children relaxation and meditation at home or in the classroom.
The course takes place in Edinburgh and is suitable for any level of experience or ability.
Please note - this is a course adults - parents/carers or anyone working with children
What you will learn on the course
* Helps you to have confidence in teaching your child how to meditate and relax (suitable for beginners to meditation)
* Helps you to encourage children to explore their creative nature through imagination,
* Teaches you how to relax and experience meditation
* Shows you how to empower children with simple methods that can help them feel calm and safe
* Gives adults (with children who are ADHD or on the Autistic Spectrum) some useful information and tools which they can use to help develop family harmony/group harmony
How regular meditation practice can benefit your children:
* Balance Stress
* Helps improve sleep
* Help focus and concentration
* Reduce physical and mental tension
* Reduce Anxiety (exams/bullying)
* Help them cope with change
* Improve self esteem
The course includes a practise CD with exercises for home use (you and your children) and a set of notes with key tips and guidelines.
The tutor, Lorraine Murray, has been teaching meditation since 2003 and practising for 13 years. She has worked directly with children and adults from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
The course costs £125 for the course. There are a limited number of spaces - pre-booking is required – online booking via the website.
(We also offer meditation CDs, recorded by Lorraine, for children, teenagers and all other levels).
0131 337 1890 or visit the website link above
Venue: city centre - edinburgh
city centre - close to haymarket train station area- parking and public transport available
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the information about this event is correct, NaturalMatters.net cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies in the information provided.
A highly successful brand from Australia, Cottons has a range of 100% natural cotton tampons, liner and pads which have no dyes, or chemicals in them and the range ishypo-allergenic. Available at Boots stores and through www.mypure.co.uk. Go to www.cottonsbrands.co.uk for more information and to contact us